Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Night Date Night: Lincoln



Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie reviews (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of relaxing at home.

Lincoln

A while ago I had the opportunity to go see Lincoln.  A bunch of people at work were all talking about how amazing it was and so when a friend asked if I wanted to go, I immediately said yes.  

I have a confession...the beginning was so slow and I seriously was wondering how all of these people thought it was so amazing.  Quickly though the action started picking up and I was on the edge of my seat.  At one point I actually threw my hands in the air in excitement....yea for Thaddeus Stevens.  What a momentous era; I wish I could have been there.  But alas, I was born too late, but this movie helped bring a little of the glory to life.  

Lincoln

Sally Field and Daniel Day-Lewis were amazing.  They were so passionate and completely believable.  Surprisingly there were many actors in Lincoln that I had seen in other films or shows; I had not been expecting that.  The costumes and setting were brilliant and really transported you back in time.  

This movie was truly wonderful (once you get past the first part).     


1 comment:

  1. Fine review Lisa. Had a great time with a movie that not only informs, but entertains a lot as well. Wish school was more like that, then I definitely wouldn’t have been dozing off so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.