Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review of Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between UsTitle: Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Published by: Hyperion
Pages: 384
Source: Library
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 3.5 stars

Summary From GoodreadsAnna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

A sweet romance that defies time and space.  Time Between Us mixes romance and time travel in a way that will touch your heart and make you smile. 

Anna and Bennett are the type of characters you adore in a novel.  They are both sweet, good kids who like a little adventure, but ultimately are kind and good hearted.  The one problem I had with them was the insta-love thing.  I felt that Anna fell for Bennett extremely fast and that overshadowed some of her decision.  She seemed a bit naive and I had a problem with her not being more cautious with Bennett and his unique ability.  I was also quite upset with her when she put Bennett in a horrible situation and didn't realizing the agony she was causing him.  I'm sure if I was in the same situation I would have gone beyond begging him, but being an outsider I thought it was a bit selfish and unfair of her to ask such a thing. 

The story line was cute and a bit predictable, but I don't think that took away from the novel.  I knew it was going to be a sweet love story and that is what I received.  I also like that Tamara Ireland Stone bought up some interesting questions about how one incident can change the entire course of a person's future.  It's crazy to think about having such an amazing ability, but more crazy about how careful you have to be not to change history or one's life.  That is a lot of pressure for one kid to handle. 

After reading this novel I have a craving to read The Time Traveler's Wife.  I'm sad to say that I have never read that novel and with a story line that mirrors Time Between Us I think I will finally get around to reading it. 

Have you read both of these novels?  How similar are they?

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Bennett and Anna as well, and got into the plot and their story.
    I haven't read TTW, but did love this one.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Вake at 350 fοг 25 mіnutes or until
    tοothpick inseгted in cеnter comes out clean.
    All you haνe tο do іn order to obtaіn these coupоnѕ is to go tο the intеrnet and ѕearch for the one that suits yοu neeԁs
    then juѕt print them. Most bread machіnеs сome with а reciρe book
    inсluded.

    Feel frеe to visit my page ... pizza pan avon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife- so this book sounds like one I will also love. I enjoyed your review and have added it to my list. What a fascinating topic!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.