Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Review of Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Deity (Covenant, #3)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 330
Source: Library
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4.5 stars

Summary from Goodreads: Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

It took me awhile to get into this series, but now I'm loving it like cheesecake!

Alex is my favorite type of heroine.  She's full of sass, determination and is not going to be slowed down by rules or Uncles and Stepfathers who are determined to set them.  I love her spunk and total disregard for her own safety in light of helping others.  Plus she has two guys who are after her and they are hello-sexy (though quite infuriating at times).  

I loved seeing different sides of characters in Deity along with a few new characters as well.  It is about time that some of the other characters in the series got some much needed attention.  Obviously I love the main characters, but it adds so much to a story when we get bits and pieces about other characters as well.  It feels more real to me and like I'm chilling with the whole family instead of just my besties.

Besides all the supporting character love, I cannot believe how much action and plot twists Jennifer L. Armentrout threw into one book.  I feel like I could go on forever about many of the events that took place in Deity.  Some were epic and completely shock worthy, while others made me furious and at times a bit confused.  I thought I had everything figured out, but apparently there are some things you could not have guessed.  For instances the ending...I was crushed!  I couldn't believe what happened and now I have to wait until the next book to figure what is going to happen next.  Uggh!

I'm pretty sure I'm confusing you and I probably sound pretty cryptic, but I don't want to give anything away because trust me this book is worth reading.

1 comment:

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.