Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday's Name Game: Cecily from Better Than Chocolate by Sheila Roberts

When I first started blogging I did this feature called Thursday's Name Game and as I was going through my posts I realized that I had a lot of fun putting the posts together so I thought I'd try it out again.


Essentially I just take whatever book I'm reading, pick a character and research a little about their name. So here it goes...

Name: Cecily
Gender: Female
Character From: Better Than Chocolate

Origin of Cecily:

Latin and thought to represent Saint Cecilia.  (I've also read it means dim-sighted or blind, but I'm not a fan of those so much) 


Places named Cecily:

Cecily, a fictional Alaskan town from T.V. show "Northern Exposure"
 
Characters named Cecily?

  • Cecily Giraffe, a character in Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys by H.A. Rey.  This was the first book to feature the infamous Curious George.  
  • Cecily Temple, a character from "The Gemma Doyle Trilogy" by Libba Bray
  • Cecily Cardew, a character from Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Ernest"
  • Cecily, an alias for Halfrek a vengeance demon from the show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Have you heard of these gals?



  • Cecily von Ziegesar, author of the "Gossip Girl" series
  • Cecily Neville, Duchess of York


Do you know of anyone named Cecily or any famous Cecily's I am missing?

*adapted from http://www.babynamewizard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.