Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday's Name Game: Tobias from Insurgent

When I first started blogging I did this feature called Thursday's Name Game and as I was going through my posts I realized that I had a lot of fun putting the posts together so I thought I'd try it out again.

Essentially I just take whatever book I'm reading, pick a character and research a little about their name. So here it goes...

Name:  Tobias
Gender: Male
Character From:  Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Origin of Tobias:

Hebrew biblical name that means Yahweh (God) is good

Places named Tobias:

  • Tobias, Nebraska a city in the United States
  • Tobías Bolaños International Airport in Costa Rica  
Characters named Tobias?

    Tobias Gregson, character in the Sherlock Holmes novels
    Tobias Snape, Severus Snape's father in the "Harry Potter" series
Have you heard of these guys?
 
Tobias Sippel a German soccer goalie who plays for 1. FC Kaiserslautern
Tobey Maguire, an actor

Do you know of anyone named Tobias or any famous Tobias I am missing?
*adapted from http://www.babynamewizard.com

2 comments:

  1. Tobias is definitely not a common name! But I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Tobias...not so much THIS Tobias but still. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.