Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Four Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In Real Life
1.  D. J. from The Dairy Queen Series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.  I have a very tomboyish friend that when I first read these books and met D.J. made me automatically think of her.
Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1)
2. Willa from Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig.  I went to high school with a girl who reminds me so much of Willa.  She always kind of kept to herself until she met a new crowd and then started wearing the "cool" clothes and way overspending then she got in big trouble with her parents.  
Pretty Crooked
3. Marley from Marley & Me by John Grogan.  We had a very lovable but very mischievous dog who always seemed to be getting into trouble of some kind. 
Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
4. Cara from Populazzi by Elise Allen.  I knew many people in high school who tried too hard to be popular and move up that social ladder.  
Populazzi
That's all I got.  Either I'm really bad at matching real life people with characters from books, or I just have some very unique friends. 


3 comments:

  1. It was really hard for me too. Great list! Seems like some interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Marley!!!

    I kind of hated this prompt. Although it made me realize there need to be more books about people as we are in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I have tried to relate characters in books to people I know in RL and I always come up blank. Maybe it's because I secretly want to pretend that I'm always the star of the story.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.