Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Night Date Night


Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of relaxing at home.
X-Men Comics
From www.comixunderground.com
I was never really into comic books either as a kid or now as an adult.  I didn't connected with the characters and thought the whole science fiction vibe just wasn't for me.  Then a couple years ago a friend of mine convinced me to watch the movie X-Men with her.  I loved it!  Sure the acting was sub-par and the cinematography was not the greatest, but I loved the concept behind the movie.  Each new movie that comes out in the X-Men series makes me more addicted to these mutant creatures.  I want to be one...where do I sign up?  Sorry I digress.  But seriously I was so excited when X-Men:  First Class came out and was it worth the wait; of course! 
I loved learning about how it all began.  Magneto and Professor X have quite a back story that we never really knew about until this movie.  Sometimes prequel movies can seem more confusing because they are happening before what you originally saw.  X-Men: First Class was not like that for me.  I missed some of the old characters but I followed the story line just fine. 
The whole time during the movie I kept focusing on one character who looked really familiar but I couldn't place her.  Who did it turn out to be but Jennifer Lawrence, better known to most as Katniss.  It was nice to see her as a different character, but I think I still prefer her as Katniss. 
 
Overall I really enjoyed this movie and I want more from this series!
 
Want to see more:
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%....except that the Wolverine origin story was horrid (and didn't follow the book at all). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.