Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Rebels In Literature (characters or authors) -- Those people who stood up for what they believed in despite the cost of doing so.

1.  Lena from Beautiful Darkness/Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  Lena wasn't accepted by the town and seen as an outcast and yet she never changed who she was.
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
2.  Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  He stood up for what he believed in and made sure his children knew about it too.
To Kill a Mockingbird
3.  Skeeter from The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  This women was amazing.  She wanted to change things and found a way to bring awareness to an issue that most people ignored or didn't believe in. 
The Help
4.  Hannah from Thirteen Reason Why by Jay Asher.  Even from the grave she made people accountable for their actions and behavior and made then realized how even without knowing it they affect others.
Thirteen Reasons Why
5.  Lauren DeStefano author of Wither.  She wrote about polygamy, child pregnancy, kidnapping and other controversial issues. 
Lauren DeStefano


That all I can think of for this week.  What about you?  Are there any authors or characters you view as rebels?

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is a cool list. When I think of rebels my mind goes blank. You did a great job with this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skeeter from The Help! How could I forget her?! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I agree on Atticus and Skeeter. Sometimes it is rebels who have the courage to stand up to ugliness like racism. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really look into it, it just may be found that every main character of each book on earth is in his/her own way a rebel...does anybody think so too?

    Please check out my blog, a place where philosophical meanings are extracted from books and applied to life, at http://meditationsofateenagephilosopher.blogspot.com/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a really funny video Lauren Stefano made the other day. I haven't read her books, but the video was great.

    Check out my list at The Scarlet Letter .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atticus and Skeeter are two of my favourite characters. Both risk being rejected by their community for standing up for what they believe in. I can't help but admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely through Felicity from the Gemma Doyle trilogy in there. I definitely agree about the others, though I still need to read some of those books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.