Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pivotal Characters

A couple of posts ago when I was reviewing Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, I made the statement that Dimitri is a pivotal character for me.  I felt so strongly attached to him that I feel his fate decides whether or not I will like the rest of the series.  

I was wondering if there were any other books that had characters (not main characters but side characters) whose fate ultimately effected my enjoying the series of not.  I couldn't think of any...so now I turn to you?

Are there any side characters from stand alone novels or series that you felt so connected with that their fate determined how you felt about that novel or series?  If so, what characters?

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm following you from book blogs. :) I don't know if a side character has ever determined how I felt about the book/series, but I do get really attached to them. I loved Ron from the Harry Potter books, and Haymitch from The Hunger Games. I guess comic relief is important to me. :)
    -kathy
    www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm probably not the best person to ask since my pivotal character is from an adult series, but I'm gonna have to say Eric Northman. I'm so in love with HIM, but not really with the series he is in, which is the Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse books.

    Great question. I'll be back to see what other say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missie, I love Eric Northman too. I agree that if something happened to him I would no longer read that series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about Pivotal characters!But I like MC mostly. However, I feel the same way about Damon from the Vampire Diaries and Keenan from Wicked Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pivotal Characters! Well, personally I would have a hard time reading The Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins, if Archer wasn't in the picture anymore. He is just so wonderul!! And such a hottie.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.