Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday's Name Game

Name:  Blake
Gender:  Male
Character From:  Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti


Meanings and history of the name Blake: 


  • It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Blake is "black; pale, white"..
Personal Experience:
  • I went to high school with a boy named Blake.  He was very chill in a coffee house guitarist way.  Also I absolutely love the name Blake for a girl.  I have this thing for "typical' boy's names used for girls.
Places name Blake:
  • Blake's Place Cafe, Chino CA
Famous real-life people named Blake: 
  • Blake Christina Lively, an American actress
  • Blake Lewis, American Idol season 6 runner-up
  • Blake Shelton, Country Music singer
  • Blake Edwards, screenwriter, director, producer
  • William Blake, English poet
Blake in song, story & screen:
  • One (Blake's Got a New Face) by Vampire Weekend
  • Bad Blake, character in film Crazy Heart
  • Balthazar Blake, character in film, The Sorcerer's Apprentice

List adapted from www.babynamewizard.com


These are just some I know...what about you?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I know any Blakes. It's funny how the name means black and also white.

    Ooh, I see you're reading Brightly Woven! I hope you enjoy it. That was one of my favorites this year...and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of The Name Game. I am with you that Blake is a better name for a girl. I haven't read Something Like Fate yet :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.