Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review of The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Book:  The Iron King
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Pages:  363

From Goodreads:  Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six.  She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.  When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.  But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war.  Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

This was such an enchanted fairy tale with a dark twist.  I was completely enthralled and creeped out at the same time by this novel.  This faery world was a little darker and more complex than I would have liked  especially with all the other creatures, besides the Fay, wandering NeverNever.  I did however love the main characters.  I loved Meghan's fierce loyalty to her little brother and to her friendship with Puck.  Her character was so believable and pulled you right into her life.  At first I though she was a little hasty in some of her decisions but when I thought it over I probably would have done the same thing.  Speaking of those choice, this novel definitely left you hanging and waiting for it's sequel, The Iron Daughter. 

2 comments:

  1. the iron daughter (and the newest Iron Queen) are both awesome as well. great review, i do hope you read the others =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about the ending. I'll have to make sure I order the next one soon, since I should be reading The Iron King within the month. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.