Monday, December 6, 2010

Review of Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham

Book:  Home in Time for Christmas
Author:  Heather Graham
Published By:  Mira
Pages:  285

From Goodreads:  Melody Tarleton is driving home for Christmas when a man--clad in Revolutionary War-era costume--appears right in the path of her car. Shaken, she takes the injured stranger in, listening with concern to Jake Mallory's fantastic claim that he's a Patriot soldier, sentenced to death by British authorities. The last thing he remembers is the tug of the noose.Safe at her parents' house, Melody concocts a story to explain the handsome guest with courtly manners, strange clothes and bump on the head. Mark, her close friend who wishes he were more, is skeptical and her family is fascinated--though not half so fascinated as Melody herself. Jake is passionate, charming and unlike anyone she's ever met. Can he really be who he claims? And can a man from the past be the future she longs for?With the aid of enchanted petals, ancient potions and the magic of the season, Melody and Jake embark on an unimaginable Christmas adventure--and discover a love that transcends time. 


This book wasn't exactly like I expected.  I thought it would be a quick, steamy, and romantic read, but I was wrong on the steamy part.  There were no love scenes or even very much kissing.  I've read young adult romances that were steamier than this.  The plot of this book wasn't very believable but I guess the concept behind Christmas isn't very believable to some people.  I found myself siding with Melody that people can't travel through time and that is just a ridiculous notion.  But then I got to thinking I'm sure people think it's crazy that a child was born from a virgin mother too.  This is a Christmas book after all and it did portray common Christmas themes such as belief and faith.  It was a quick read that did get you thinking about all the technology and technological advances the 21st century has.  I guess if we've come this far who knows what is possible in the future.  I think that's the point of this book, maybe not to get people to believe in the plot-line of time travel but to see how far we've come and with a little faith to imagine what we can achieve.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.