Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review of All Through The Night by Mary Higgins Clark

Book:  All Through The Night
Author:  Mary Higgins Clark
Published By:  Pocket
Pages:  256

From GoodreadsMary Higgins Clark, the reigning queen of suspense, gives her millions of fans an early Christmas gift with All Through the Night. Clark's new novel is an engrossing suspense tale that reunites readers with Alvirah and Willy Meehan, that lucky couple who won $40 million in The Lottery Winner and decided to do what any other multimillionaire couple would do — solve deadly crimes. And All Through the Night gives the Meehans their most interesting case yet. 

I read this book as part of my Holiday Reading Challenge hosted by All About {n}.  I love Holiday related novels and I have been disapointed with the Holiday novels I've chosen so far, so I decided to go with a trusted author this time. 

All Through The Night was a quick, easy read.  It fulfilled it's purpose and got me in the Holiday spirit.  The plot was a little cheesy with Alvirah being a former cleaning lady, turned lottery winner, turned amateur sleuth having to solve two crimes in time for Christmas.  I love the twists that Clark usually puts in her writing, though that was missing in this book.  The plot was often predictable, but overall the book was still entertaining. 

Clark didn't have as much character development as she's had in her other books, but if you've read some of her other books you know all about Alvirah and Willy.  This was definitely one of her lighter reads compared to some of the thrillers she writes. 

Overall if you're looking for a light Holiday read I'd suggest giving this one a chance.    
          

1 comment:

  1. I need help !, I have to study this book and I do not find any summary of this book, can you help me?

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.