Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Off the Shelf Challenge



I don't know about you, but my 'to be read' pile just keeps growing and growing.  My TBR bookshelves are filled to the point of overflowing onto any other piece of furniture next to it.  So once I heard about the Off the Shelf Challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour I knew I had to participate.  The goal of this challenge is to read some of the books that you own (without counting books purchased after the start of the challenge), but have never gotten around to reading yet.  Hopefully this is lessen my TBR pile and give me a chance to finally read some of those books I bought long ago.

Here's my list:
1.  Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
2.  Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
3.  A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
4.  Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
5.  Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson
6.  Front And Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
7.  The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
8.  Torment by Lauren Kate
9.  Crescendo By Becca Firzpatrick
10.  Let's Take The Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell
11.  Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry
12.  Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
13.  The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman
14.  All Things Bright And Beautiful by James Herriot
15.  The Rest Of Her Life by Laura Moriarty

What Challenges are you doing for 2011?
    

4 comments:

  1. I am participating in a similar challenge next year - the Books I Own challenge from a group I'm in on goodreads. Good luck shaving some books off your shelf at home! I have a major problem with buying way more books than I can keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also doing this challenge. You have some great books on your list. Very exciting and should be fun! Good luck! I'll be looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My TBR list intimidates me most days! lol. I don't know if I could condense it into a reading list for next year, plus I change my mind so often about what I'm in the mood for that these type of challenges are hard for me to commit to. You have some great selections on your list! I look forward to reading your reviews and seeing you complete this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm participating in this challenge too. I have so many books on my shelves that have gone unread. It's really shameful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.