Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nostalgia

I know most people hate to read books assigned to them in school.  I mean either these books are classics where you can't understand half of the words or you're only suppose to read a chapter of that book because you will get quizzed tomorrow only on events in that chapter.  I was never like that.  Don't get me wrong I hated the quizzes and didn't agree with all the symbolism that the teacher thought the author put there to invoke a discussion, but I still loved reading them.  Do you ever find yourself walking through a store and seeing one of those books you were required to read for school and remember how much you loved them...well I do that all the time.  I thought I would share with you two of my favorite books that I had to read for school. 
 



From GoodreadsThe mysterious death of an eccentric millionaire brings together an unlikely assortment of heirs who must uncover the circumstances of his death before they can claim their inheritance. 







From Goodreads:  When Jonas turns 12, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. Now, it’s time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.








If you haven't read either of these books, go pick them up! 

What about you?  Are there any books you remember reading for school that you absolutely loved? 

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read The Giver for so long now! I'll be getting to it real soon. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read both of these, but I'm not sure I had to read either in school. Definitely not The Westing Game, but maybe The Giver. I enjoyed both very much though.

    I think my favorite books in school were Frankenstein and A Separate Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.